- About Us
- Panel Submission
- Events Schedule
- Anime Marketplace
- Cosplay Chess
- Charities Project
- Tabletop Gaming
- Art Exhibit
- Mainstage Cosplay
- Hall Cosplay
- Cosplay Photo Contest
- Family Programming
- Café Ai
- Room Party
- AMV Contest
- Video Rooms
- AnimeIowa Mini Festival and Contest
- AnimeIowa Karaoke Contest
Home » Convention Rules
- Don’t Litter: Trash bins are all around the convention center and hotel. Keep it clean!
- Signs and Adhesives: Bring your signs and posters to the BRIDGE before you hang them. Tape and adhesives are not to be used on hotel walls, doors, or any other surface. See the INFO DESK for more information.
- Sleeping in Convention Spaces: Sleeping is not allowed in public spaces (ie: hallways, stairways, elevators, video rooms, tables, restrooms, etc). If you are found doing so, you will be asked to move. If found again, we will ask you to leave the convention.
- Pets: Aside from service animals, pets and animals are NOT allowed at AnimeIowa.
- Wheeled Transportation: For the safety of all attendees, roller-skates, rollerblades, heelies, skateboards , etc., are not allowed at AnimeIowa or the hotel. Non-recreational items such as strollers and wheelchairs are permitted with responsible use.
- Don’t be a DINK: Please do not intentionally irritate your fellow attendees or do things that are inappropriate or dangerous. If you see a dink, please report them at the BRIDGE!
- Harassment will not be tolerated. Please see the Harassment Policy, below.
- City, State and Federal Laws: If it’s a law outside the convention, it’s a law within the convention as well. This means NO underage drinking, theft, fighting, drug abuse or anything else that gets you into court. Seriously.
- Badges: You MUST have your badge to participate in convention activities. AnimeIowa reserves the right to revoke the membership of any participant who breaks our house rules or acts in a manner that is unsafe or otherwise unacceptable.
- Weapons and Props: All weapons and large props must be brought to COSPLAY CENTRAL (After hours at the BRIDGE) to be inspected and peace-marked by Operations Staff (see the Weapons Policy for more info). Be respectful of other attendees, and do not allow the prop to damage hotel property. Peace-bonding (tying a string around a sword and sheath to keep it from being drawn, etc.) must be done YOURSELF and approved.
- Solicitation: Unless you are a registered dealer or registered artist, you are NOT allowed to sell anything. However, you are allowed to give out FREE tokens of love and respect to your fellow attendees.
Also, please see these pages for more information on specific policies:
Last updated on July 18, 2012