The Anime Music Video contest is where video editors can compete to make the best and most impressive music videos. The entries will be shown during the convention and winners in each category will be given awards.
All entries must be postmarked or submitted no later than midnight on July 20, 2014.
AnimeIowa AMV Contest Rules
Exceptions to some of the following rules will be up to the discretion of the AMV Head.
No exceptions will be made in regards to the submission of highly sexual and/or hentai videos.
- The AnimeIowa AMV contest is open to all registered attendees and staff members. Any winning contestant must be present at the convention to receive any prize related to the AMV contest.
- Contestants may enter up to 3 videos in the contest. If multiple videos are entered, please indicate which videos are to be prioritized for judging. If cuts are needed, the lowest priority video(s) will be cut first.
- No entry may exceed 5 minutes. Exceptions may be made but are NOT guaranteed.
- All entries must be compatible with the latest version of VLC or Zoom player available at the time of submission, and must be a resolution of at least 640×480. Preferred video types are: avi, mpeg, mp4 and wmv. Please do your best to keep file sizes reasonable. If this is not possible, please contact the AMV department via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- NO HENTAI VIDEO AT ALL! We do not accept videos with nudity or references to sexual actions.
- Please keep in mind that this is a family friendly convention. All music and video must be rated PG-13 or lower. Please check ratings of your music before submission. If it is not immediately appropriate (and a non explicit version is not available) you may edit it to fall within guidelines. Check the AMV section of the forums for help.
- No subtitles are allowed in AMVs. Subtitles are distracting to the viewer and are grounds for immediate disqualification. Please contact us if you have questions about your video and any subtitle qualms. Don’t know how to remove subtitles from your videos? Check out the AMV section in the Forum for help.
- Credits are allowed in your videos. You must follow one of two formats.
- Credits can be a 3-5 second piece of of your video and must be at the end in this format.
- Credits can also be shown in one of the bottom corners, like music videos seen on TV. This format can be at the beginning or end of the video.
- All submissions must be an original composition of the contestant. Submitting the composition of another will be grounds for disqualification of all films submitted by that contestant.
- All physical materials sent as part of the entry process, including paperwork and physical media, will become the property of AnimeIowa and will NOT be returned.
Judging of entries will be conducted prior to the convention, with the exception of the audience choice.
This judging round will select winners for:
- Best in Show
- Category X (Videos that are not genre specific or fall under multiple genres)
- Trailer (as in movie trailer)
Winners for these awards will be announced during the AMV contest event on Saturday.
When you submit a video, please make sure that you categorize it within the above 6 categories. If you don’t we will choose what we believe to be best. It is best if you tell us, so that your submission does not get assimilated into the wrong category.
Your entry in the contest does not guarantee that the video will be shown during the AMV event. We screen all videos to make sure the content is acceptable for our viewing audience.
Ending Date: All entries must be postmarked or submitted no later than midnight on July 20, 2014.
You may enter the AMV contest one of two ways:
- You may upload your video to 4shared or Rapidshare and send us the download link using the sign-up form below.
- You may burn the video to a CD or DVD and mail the disc along with a filled out AnimeIowa 2014 AMV Contest Entry Form (PDF) to the address listed on the form.
Online submissions are preferred.
After you have submitted your entry, you should receive a confirmation email within 7 days. If you have not received a confirmation within this time period, please email the email@example.com, OR send a private message to user Yuko on the forums.
Online Submission Form
AMV Submissions are closed. Thanks for your contributions.