The Charity Project at AnimeIowa is about being a good neighbor, and giving back to the community. We work with local charities and programs to help bring light to their causes, and do fundraising and other support for them. To achieve this goal, we host a variety of events at the convention, including our annual Charity Auction
Charity for AnimeIowa 2015
This year, we are proud to be supporting The Arc of Southeast Iowa, which is based in Iowa City with a support area of thirteen counties. For over fifty years, they have worked to provide programs and services to people in the community with a variety of disabilities and their families.
Some of their program and service highlights include:
– Summer Day Camps for youths and teens with disabilities, and feature activities like arts and crafts and field trips.
– Individual Respite offers the families of people with disabilities a chance to get some relief from the stresses of the daily care involved in looking after someone with a disability.
– Parent Education is a series of workshops which help teach strategies and tips for dealing with the multitude of issues that come in raising children with disabilities.
– The Bill Reagan scholarship offers some financial aid to people who are going into post-high school programs with a focus in special education programs.
In addition to that, The Arc of Southeast Iowa is also working on some unique projects for 2015:
– Wheelchair Accessible Playground
– Sensory Garden and Indoor Sensory Recreation area
If you are interested in more information about The Arc of Southeast Iowa, please visit their website at http://www.thearcjc.org