Would you like to share your passion of all things otaku with your little ones? Have you ever skipped a convention because you could not bring your children along? AnimeIowa has your solution. Introducing Family Programming, the cure to your woes. Family Programming is designed to promote panels that families with younger children enjoy together. This will allow AnimeIowa to expose and build appreciation for the Asian culture in a fun way.
If you are interested in your family participating in AnimeIowa Family Programming or have any questions or comments, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This list is not definitive. Planned events are subject to change at any time.
Did you ever dream of being a cat? Or at least having it’s ears? Well now you can make that
dream a reality. Join Family Programming this year in making your very own set to wear around the convention.
Draw something huge and then shrink it down to make keychains or magnets.
A discussion about anime and all things otaku in America. This panel will help parents identify the different kinds of series that are available and appropriate for the little ones.
Play Doh Wars
Attendees will face off in a play doh all out war to see who will reign supreme.
It’s time for our youngest and smallest attendees to have the chance to put their groove on. You bring your moves and we will provide the glow sticks!!!
Would you like the opportunity to create a beautiful mobile to take home. Using the timeless japanese origami we will create mobiles that you can proudly display in your home. Origami cranes, hearts, samurai hats, lucky stars, flowers, and butterflies that have already been created will be provided. Partipants will have the opportunity to create their own origami if they so choose. All materials provided so come and join Family Programming for this fun and creative event. Space is limited to fifteen participants per panel so please sign up.
Join Family Programming as we paint Kokeshi dolls. Each participant will have the opportunity to create their own family of their own wooden dolls to take home and proudly display. All supplies will be provided. Space is limited to twenty participants so please sign up.
Learn about and participate in papercrafting! Build models out of paper using pre-printed templates. Simply cut, fold, and glue to make make models of game characters, anime characters, and much more. Models and materials will be provided
Sewing Your Own Plushie
Apples to Apples Tournament
Toy Show and Tell
Family Programming Attendee Rules
- All children under the age of twelve who would like to participate must be accompanied by another individual over the age of eighteen.
- There is no running allowed in the room.
- All Family Programming panels are specifically designed for families with children under the age of twelve. These attendees will be given priority over other attendees. Others wishing to participate in Family Programming panels may show up at the start of the program and any slots that are open will be handed out first come first serve.
- Family Programming is not responsible for any accidents or injuries to any of the participants.
- All panels within Family Programming will have a signup sheet. Space is limited so please sign up.
- There will be no alcohol permitted within Family Programming.
- No foul language will be permitted within the room Family Programming panels are being held in.
- Please do not bring sick children to Family Programming panels.
- Anime Iowa Family Programming staff is not responsible for your child. There will be no diaper changing or babysitting services provided.
- Any child left unattended at Family Programming will be taken to the bridge. If you are missing your child please check the bridge.
- ABOVE ALL ELSE HAVE FUN AS A FAMILY!