August 8, 2012
AnimeIowa would like to thank every artist who submitted their artwork into the Art Exhibition Show this year. We know that there were a few bumps along the way getting information out to everyone before the Convention this year. We apologize for that and hope to have things smoothed out and ready for next year’s Anime Iowa Art Exhibition Show.
“What’s this, there is a show again next year???”
Yes there will be a show next year, so start thinking of what art pieces you would like to submit ^_^
We are working on the 2013 Art Exhibition Contract already. We hope to have it out to the public with plenty of time to spread the word to everyone for the 2013 show!
Now onto the Fun part of the announcement !!!
This year’s Art Show Judges were two of our very own guests Chris Malone and Jessy Turner. A big thank you goes out to them for their help in judging this year’s show!
Anime Iowa is proud to announce the 2012 Art Exhibition Winners!!!
- 1st Place Watercolor by Meredith Dillman titled “Koi Mermaid”
- 1st Place Fantasy Sculpture by Hannah Munden titled “Feathered Wyvern”
- 1st Place Ink Drawing by Erika Matsuyama titled “Cooro”
- 2nd Place Digital Media Creation by Meng Wang titled “Howlin’ ”
- 2nd Place Mixed Media by Joan Gordan titled “Wishing Tree”
- 2nd Place Digital Art by Jake Ruetin titled “Winston”
- 3rd Place Textile Creation by Victoria ‘Beanchan’ Luck titled “Sokura Bento”
- 3rd Place Watercolor by Joan Gordan titled “Sounds of Japan”
- 3rd Place Mixed Media by Joan Gordan titled “Sunflower Happiness”
Honorable Mentions :
- Crochet Sculpture by Megan Daly titled “Vodka Mutini”
- Minature Texture Creation by Keely titled “Tiny Kimono”
- Acrylic Painting by Timothy Dutcher titled “Dandelions”
Best in Showgoes to: Hannah Munden for her fantasy sculpture titled “Feathered Wyvern” The Best in Show winner receives a Sponsor Membership for Anime Iowa 2013!!!
Congrats to all of our 2012 Anime Iowa Art Exhibition winners!! We hope to see everyone that participated in this year’s show back for the 2013 Art Exhibition Show!!!
Please remember to leave feedback about this year’s show so that we can help make the next show even better.
July 27, 2012
An update to the Non-Video gaming schedule:
Tanto Quore Signup has ttarted in room Salon B
Yugioh TCG Tournament Signup has also started in Salon B
July 27, 2012
- The “AI Masq. Info” panel @ 7pm is being moved to Cosplay Central.
- Greg’s, “State of the Industry panel” will take its place in Programming 4 @ 7-8pm.
- Saturday, “Otherside of the Screen: Directing” panel @ 9am has been cancelled.
- “”Old Time” Voice Acting”, mainstage, Saturday @ 3:00pm has been cancelled.
- This is tentatively replaced with a “Eyeshine Takes Over the World.”
- On Sunday, State of the Industry has been changed to “Gregman Wonderland.”
July 26, 2012
Greetings everyone! I know you are all excited for AnimeIowa tomorrow. Right now, many of our Staff and Volunteers are working hard to setup the convention. Because everyone is now busy with the convention it is unlikely you will be able to communicate with the staff through email or the forums. If you have pertinent last minute concerns for the staff you may have to contact the convention Bridge directly or inquire to the Info Desk. Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
July 24, 2012
We are pleased to report we have a registration count of 2272! This leaves 1228 spots left until we hit our cap at 3500. Everyone remember to drive safely, and we’ll see you all in a couple days!
July 16, 2012
A reminder to volunteers that you can get an extra hour add to your volunteer card when you sign up online prior to the July 25. This is an added perk to get those volunteer juices flowing and getting people excited about the convention. Please sign up on the Volunteers page or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Hope to see you real soon at AnimeIowa 2012.
July 15, 2012
The Dealers page has been updated with a list of confirmed Dealers that will be attending AnimeIowa 2012.
July 15, 2012
AnimeIowa is just a few of weeks away! That means WE NEED YOUR HELP to select the AnimeIowa Forum’s 2012 Most Valuable Boardies (MVBs). Let our most outstanding Forum members know how much we appreciate them! CLICK HERE to check out the details and cast your votes.
July 11, 2012
As with previous years, if you help set up Thursday or help tear down Sunday you get double volunteer hours. Also, if you help with setup you can pick up your badge early if you are pre-registered or jump to the front the line Friday if you are not registered. Set up crew starts at 2pm Thursday, July 26 by the staircase in the lobby of the Corville Mariott. Be sure to email email@example.com if you are interested. Check out the Volunteer page or the volunteer section of the forum for more information.
July 11, 2012
The Programming Schedule for AnimeIowa 2012 has been posted. You can check out the full schedule at the Programming Schedule page. The schedule is listed in multiple formats for maximum convenience before and during the convention. Note that the schedule is subject to change at any time.