- About Us
- Panel Submission
- Events Schedule
- Anime Marketplace
- Cosplay Chess
- Charities Project
- Tabletop Gaming
- Art Exhibit
- Mainstage Cosplay
- Hall Cosplay
- Cosplay Photo Contest
- Family Programming
- Café Ai
- Room Party
- AMV Contest
- Video Rooms
- AnimeIowa Mini Festival and Contest
- AnimeIowa Karaoke Contest
Registration and Badge FAQ
When I am at the convention where/when/how can I pick up my badge?
- The Registration desk is open during these hours:
- Thursday 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. for PRE-REGISTERED attendees only
- Friday 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Registration will close from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. to re-organize, then reopen from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday at 8:00 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- There are no one-day passes to the convention.
- There is no overnight registration. If you need to pick up your badge after hours, arrange this ahead of time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff and volunteers can pick their badges up as early as Thursday evening.
- When you go to pick up your badge, you will be required to show a government issued photo ID if you are over the age of 18.
What if I am unable to present a government issued photo ID?
Attendees that are 18 or older:
- You will be issued a “Minor” badge and not be allowed into age restricted areas or panels.
- If you find your ID and want your badge replaced, you will be charged at $10 replacement badge fee
Attendees that are 13 – 17:
- We recognize that it is not always possible to have a Government issued ID, but if you make your best effort to show an ID that has your picture, or if you are coming with an adult family member their ID, we will do our best.
- A school ID from the current school year is acceptable.
- Iowa (and many other states) offer Personal Identification cards available at the DMV (http://www.dmv.org/ia-iowa/id-cards.php)
Attendees that are younger than 13:
- You are required to register with the parent or guardian that will be accompanying you.
- The adult accompanying you will be required to verify that their contact information is correct in case of emergency.
Children under the age of 5:
- Children under 5 do not need a badge, but are required to be attended at all times by a responsible adult.
What should I know about this badge?
- Your badge must be worn on you and visible at all times.
- The only exception is detailed below in the Masquerade section.
- You are free to put your badge in any holder, there will be holders provided by Anime Iowa.
- Costumes must not cover up your badge.
- You must be wearing your badge – you may not carry it or have it inside any pockets where it cannot be readily seen.
- You must present your badge if asked by a staff member or on duty ranger.
How do I know who is Staff or Security?
- Staff members are required to present their badge upon request of any attendee. If there is any doubt in your mind that someone is not a staff member, ask to see their badge.
- There are also volunteers called Rangers, Rangers are there for your safety and to help make sure the convention runs smoothly.
- Rangers are not always staff members, but they will have an identifying badge or uniform.
- On duty rangers, have the same authority of staff members.
What if I need a Replacement Badge?
- Replacement badges can be purchased at the registration desk for a $10 fee.
- We will require your ID again, and additional information to confirm your identity. We will also issue the same badge number if known.
- If you find your badge please turn it in, if someone else if found wearing your badge, both parties will be escorted to the Convention Bridge and dealt with accordingly.
How old do I have to be for…..?
- All attendees ages under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a registered adult at all times.
- Unescorted minors will be taken to the Bridge until they can be picked up by an authorized adult.
- Anyone under 18 must provide emergency contact information for a person at or near the con, and that contact must be available to be reached at all times during the con.
What if I can’t get a badge?
- Only persons with a badge are permitted within con space, which includes the hallways, the patio (under the tent), dealers hall, and all programming rooms.
- If you have not purchased a badge, you may not wander the halls.
- Persons without badges will be escorted to Registration to purchase one.
- Volunteer hours may only be earned or turned in with a badge.
Help I have an emergency! What if I need Refund or Transfer?
- Registrations cannot be transferred to another person.
- Please contact the Registration team at email@example.com in case of a personal emergency that prevents you from attending, we will do our best to accommodate you.
- For refunds, please see the Mindbridge Organization’s policy at http://mindbridge.org/by-laws/refund-policy/ .
What are the rules concerning badges and the Masquerade ?
- Participants in the masquerade are not required to wear their badge while on stage or while costumes are being judged. But outside the green room or main stage, you MUST put your badge back on.
How do I pre-register for next year?
- At Saturday at 4pm, the Registration desk will begin accepting pre-registrations for AnimeIowa 2017.
- Early registration costs will be determined soon.
What if I have a question not on this list?
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the Registration forum.
* These policies are subject to change at the discretion of Anime Iowa
Last updated on May 8, 2011