Pre-registration will be open until the 31st of May, after that you must register at the door.
- Holiday Special December 15th – February 4th $35
- Pre-Registration Feb 15th – March 31st $40
- Late-Registration April 1st – May 31st $55
- At door will be $70
Remember our registration cap is 3,500 this year. Registration will close upon reaching the cap, so we strongly recommend you pre-register. We cannot guarantee there will be available space through the weekend. **The only way to ensure you receive a badge is if you pre-register**
WE CANNOT KNOW WE ARE GOING TO HIT THE CAP UNTIL WE DO, this could happen on Friday night or anytime Saturday and once it does at door will be closed for the rest of the weekend. If you have pre-registered, you may still pick up your badge at the registration table.
The ONLY exception that can be made is if an adult is escorting a pre-registered Minor but is not pre-registered themselves. Please do not ask for special consideration because of distance traveled, an already purchased hotel room, or you are with a group of pre-registered attendees.
Payment must be received at time of registration. If you are mailing in a form, be sure you are including your payment, check or money order. Do not mail cash. If we do not receive payment you will not be registered. Please do not post-date checks.
**Be aware that mail in forms must be manually processed and entered by volunteer staff. Processing may take up to 5 weeks or longer to be sent, so please be patient.
Online registration must be paid through Paypal. However, at this time you cannot pay for more than one registration at a time. Your PayPal record is your confirmation that you have been registered. Please check your PayPal account.
- Only persons with a badge are permitted within con space, which includes the hallways past the registration table, the patio (under the tent), dealers hall, and all programming rooms.
- If you have not purchased a badge, you will not be able to wander the halls.
- Persons without badges will be escorted to the registration table to purchase one or to the Bridge if registration has closed, or, if they do not wish to pay for a badge, they will be asked to leave the con space.
- We appreciate parents remaining on site to help supervise the young people they brought.
- Be aware if you do not have a badge, you will not be allowed in the con space. Public access is limited to hotel public spaces: the lobby, restaurant, patio (not under the tent) library, pool, and exercise room. This badge will not allow access to events, panels, cosplay room, Consuite, Recharge Room, Dealers Room, Non-Video Gaming or Video Gaming with the exception of performing assigned volunteer duties. Volunteer hours may only be turned with a badge. Any volunteer hours gained without a badge cannot be used to earn prizes or registration for the following year.
- If a hotel room has already been purchased and registration is no longer available, it is possible to remain in the hotel, but you may not enter the convention controlled spaces.
- Your badge must be on you and visible at all times; the holders provided at the registration table are known to be fragile, and more durable holders are available for purchase at Fanmarket — located in the dealers room. You are free to put your badge in any other holder as long as the following guidelines are followed: (1) Costumes must not at any time cover up your badge and (2) You must be wearing your badge – you may not carry it or have it inside any pockets where it cannot be readily seen by AnimeIowa staff
- Badges may be picked up on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday of the convention.
- Volunteers who work a total of 6 hours on Thursday (set up and tear down gives double hours) may skip to the front of the line to pick up or purchase their badge on Friday or Thursday evening after volunteering. You must receive a signed voucher from a department head, not just any staff member.
- You will be required to sign for, as well as present a valid, government issued photo ID if you are over the age of 18. Failure to do so will result in the issuing of a Minor badge regardless of what you put on your registration form.
- Replacement badges can be purchased at the registration desk for a $10 fee.
- We will require your ID again, and additional information to confirm your identity. We will also issue the same badge number, so do not pretend to lose your badge and give it to a friend. If we discover you have done so, you and your friend will be removed from the convention immediately.
Refunds and Transfers
Registrations cannot be transferred to another person. Only the person whose information was submitted may pick up and carry the badge. In emergencies, it is possible to rollover the registration to the following year. This may only be done one time. For refunds, please see the Mindbridge Organization’s policy at http://mindbridge.org/by-laws/refund-policy/. Refunds will not be granted more than three days after pre-registration ends (June 3rd, 2013), must be submitted in writing, and are not guaranteed.
All attendees ages 13 and under must be accompanied by a registered adult at all times. This does not have to be a parent; it may simply be another attendee with a registration level of 18-20 or Adult. Unescorted minors will be taken to the Bridge until they can be picked up by an authorized adult. Minors must provide emergency contact information for a person at or near the con, and that contact must be available to be reached at all times during the con.
- You must present your badge if asked by a staff member or on duty ranger. Failure or refusal to do so will result in a trip to the Bridge.
- Staff members are also required to present his or her badge upon request. If there is any doubt in your mind that someone is a staff member, ask to see their badge.
- Rangers are not always staff members, but they will have an identifying badge or uniform. On duty rangers, staff or not, have the same authority that regular staff members do.
- Participants in the masquerade are not required to wear their badge while on stage or while costumes are being judged. But outside the green room or main stage, you MUST put your badge back on.
**Final note: These polices are subject to change at any time and without warning at the discretion of the registration staff and the executive board.