Would you like to share your passion of all things otaku with your little ones? Have you ever skipped a convention because you could not bring your children along? During the AnimeIowa Convention Family Programming provides panels and other activities that families with children can enjoy together. It is important to note that Family Programming is not a child care service. Although, Family Programming does give priority to families with children, all attendees are encouraged to participate. The goal of Family Programming is to spread appreciation for anime and the Japanese Culture to a new generation in a fun and family-friendly way!
If you are interested in attending AnimeIowa or if you have questions regarding the Family Programming Department, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Programming Attendee Rules
- AnimeIowa’s Family Programming staff are not responsible for your child. There will be no diaper changing or babysitting services provided. All children under the age of twelve must be accompanied by another individual over the age of eighteen.
- All Family Programming panels are specifically designed for families with children under the age of twelve. These attendees will be given priority.. Other attendees wishing to participate in Family Programming panels may show up at the start of the panel and any available supplies will be then handed out on a first come-first serve basis.
- There is no running allowed in the room.
- Family Programming is not responsible for any accidents or injuries to any of the participants.
- There is no alcohol permitted within Family Programming.
- No foul language will be permitted within the room Family Programming panels are held in.
- Please clean up after yourselves!
- Please do not bring sick children to Family Programming panels.
- The bridge will be notified of any child that is found to be separated from their parents. The child will remain in the area they are found in until the guardian is located. If you are missing your child please check with the bridge.
- Any crafts that are done during a panel and are left in the Family Programming Room will be put in a designated area. Attendees have until Family Programming’s last panel on Sunday afternoon to pick up their projects. Any projects left after this time will then become the property of AnimeIowa.
- Family Programming Staff have the right to ask an attendee to leave the room at any time due to behavior that is disruptive or inappropriate.
- Please be aware that many of the Family Programming panels are centered around crafts and use materials that may stain or damage clothing. Please use caution when doing panels in cosplay! Family Programming is not responsible for damage done to clothing or other articles during a panel.
- Family Programming staff is not responsible for keeping track of attendee’s personal items while they are participating in panels. Any items that are found in the Family Programming room and the owner cannot be located will be sent to the lost and found on the bridge.
- ABOVE ALL ELSE HAVE FUN AS A FAMILY!