- When can I submit a Panel?
You can submit a panel any time during the Panel Submission Period. For AnimeIowa 2018 the submission period is from November 11th through April 20th.
- Do I get to choose the time of my Panel?
While we cannot give you exact time choices, you can choose several time periods that you would like your panel to be held. Remember that panels are considered on a first come first serve basis so you will have a better chance of getting your desired date and time if you submit early!
- Will I get a confirmation email that my panel was submitted?
No. If you need a confirmation that your panel was submitted please request one in your submission form. Otherwise status emails will be sent out at a later date to the Lead Panelist
- My panel was accepted but now I cannot attend AnimeIowa. What should I do?
Submit an email to email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. Please do not wait until the last minute if possible.
- Are 18+ Panels accepted?
Yes, provided that you note them accordingly. Please note that all panelists must be over the age of 18 and the panel doors will be ID checked.
- Does AnimeIowa provide any materials for my Panel?
All panel rooms provide screens and projectors, speakers and microphones. We also provide whiteboards & markers, paper and pencils upon request.
- Does AnimeIowa accept performing arts?
Performing arts are handled on a case by case basis. If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will open discourse. Please note that AnimeIowa has a no solicitation policy.
- If I host a Panel can I get into the con for free?
It is hard to believe, but YES! Those who participate in 3 or more hours as a Lead Panelist or Assistant Panelist qualify for our Panelist Membership! See our Panelist Policy for details.
- Do I receive any perks for hosting a panel?
Yes! We have many perks for all panelists. Please see our forum thread here for more details.
- When will I know if my panel was accepted?
Status emails will be sent out to after the Panel Submission Tier Period your panel was submitted in ends.
- What do I do if I don’t know all the participants for my panel yet?
That’s alright. As long as you have your Lead Panelist and Assistant Panelist you can just include the participants that you know and send us an email later with the others and we will get them added to the panelist list.
- Will AnimeIowa work around my con schedule?
While we cannot cater to everyone, we can avoid scheduling your panel around big events or other specific panels. Just include this in your submission form. Remember that we work on a first come first serve basis so you have a better chance of avoiding all conflicts and getting your preferred date and time if you submit early!
- How long will it take before I know when and where my panel will be held?
After status emails have been sent out for all submissions in a tier the paneling team will begin placing panels into the schedule. Once we have them plugged in you will receive an email with the details for your panel. If you have any concerns about your details just email us back!