AnimeIowa 2018 Panelist Policy
All panelists are required to be aware of and follow the terms of this policy before submitting a 2018 Panel Submission. If there is anything you do not understand about this policy and it is not present in our FAQ, please contact us at Paneling@animeiowa.com and we will clarify it for you.
Starting in 2018, AnimeIowa will have Lead and Assistant Panelists.
Lead Panelist: Each panel must select one panel leader to be their Lead Panelist. The Lead Panelist will act as the point of contact for a panel and has the responsibility of coordinating with the AnimeIowa Paneling Staff about the details of their panel. The Lead Panelist is the individual who will submit the panel and is the only member of a panel that can make changes to the panel such as description changes, schedule change requests, etc. It is the Lead Panelists job to communicate information to their panel team. Only the Lead Panelist will be contacted regarding a panel’s status and updates.
Assistant Panelist: Panels that have two or more panelists will select a Assistant Panelist to be the assistant for the panel. The Assistant Panelist will not be the point of contact with the AnimeIowa Paneling Staff but the Assistant and Lead Panelists must check the panel in together during the convention. Assistant Panelists are expected to lead the panel alongside the Lead Panelist.
Panel Submissions: All Panels must be formally submitted via the Panel Submission Form and reviewed by AnimeIowa Paneling Staff prior to being included in AnimeIowa’s Panel Schedule.
- AnimeIowa will automatically provide each panel room with a projector and screen, sound system and two microphones.
- Upon request, AnimeIowa can provide the following: Pens or Pencils, Paper, Whiteboards and Whiteboard Markers.
- AnimeIowa cannot provide the following: Laptops, Tablets, Internet Connection, CD Players or DVD Players.
- Any other materials may be requested and will be reviewed by the AnimeIowa Paneling Staff.
For AnimeIowa 2018, Panel Submissions will be considered on a first come first serve basis by tier. Those who apply in the first tier have a greater chance of getting a panel slot at their preferred date and time.
Panel Submission Tiers: For 2018, Panel Submissions are divided into 3 submission tiers. At the end of each tier status emails will be sent out to all submissions from the tier. Panel Submissions will be considered on a first come first serve basis so those who apply early have a greater chance of getting their preferred slot date and time.
The Panel Submission Tiers for AnimeIowa 2018 are as follows:
- Tier 1 – November 11th through December 15th
- Tier 2 – December 18th through February 16th
- Tier 3 – February 19th through April 20th
Panel Limitations: Panels at AnimeIowa are limited to the following rules.
- All Panels are expected to be PG13 unless marked as mature in their submission.
- Panels may not sell anything during their panel be it merchandise or supplies. Money may not exchange hands within AnimeIowa Panel space.
- Panels may not sell or hand out any food or beverages be it store bought or homemade.
AnimeIowa has a no solicitation policy and as such no panels may focus upon solicitation for an individual, group, or product.
18+ Panels: If you wish to host a mature panel at AnimeIowa the panel submission must be marked as 18+.
Panels are considered 18+ if they meet any of the below listed criteria:
- Usage of Adult Language, Contain Hentai, Yaoi or Yuri, Partial nudity or any form of Sexual Intercourse on photos or video
Panels are subjected to review by our AnimeIowa Panel Staff and may be flagged as 18+ at our discretion. If your panel becomes flagged the Lead Panelist will be informed.
All 18+ Panels are subject to the following:
- All Panelists must be over the age of 18 at the time the panel begins.
- All attendees must be over the age of 18 at the time the panel begins.
- All staff and attendees must present a state issued ID to be allowed entry to an 18+ panel or event. No exceptions will be made.
- The Panel Room door must remain closed during the panel.
If an attendee or panelist leaves the panel and wishes to re-enter for any reason they must re present their state issued ID.
Panelist Memberships: Ever wish that you could get something in return for your hard work hosting panels at AnimeIowa? Starting in 2018, Lead and Assistant Panelists who host 3 or more hours of approved paneling qualify for a complementary AnimeIowa Membership.
The Panelist Membership is just one way AnimeIowa would like to thank our elite panelists for hosting panels at AnimeIowa. All Lead and Assistant Panelists that host 3 or more hours of approved paneling for AnimeIowa 2018 and are over the age of 18 may qualify this Complementary Panelist Membership.
The Panelist Membership does not provide any privileged access or perks beyond a normal attendee membership.
Panelists who qualify will report directly to the Events HQ to pick up their Membership vouchers. Once Panelists have their voucher, they will take it to Registration to exchange for their complimentary AnimeIowa Membership. If a qualifying panelist has already paid for a standard AnimeIowa Membership a reimbursement will be available upon turning in the voucher and their payment receipt at con.
The Panelist Membership does not apply to those who have the following memberships: Sponsorship, AnimeIowa Staff, Guest Of Honor, Artist or Vendor.