What should I know about the AnimeIowa convention badge?
- Your badge must be worn on you and visible at all times.
- The only exception is detailed below in the Masquerade section.
- You are free to put your badge in any holder, there will be holders provided by the AnimeIowa Registration Team.
- Cosplay costumes must not cover up your badge.
- You must be wearing your badge – you may not carry it or have it inside any pockets where it cannot be readily seen.
- You must present your badge if asked by a staff member, on duty ranger, or door badger.
When I am at the convention where/when/how can I pick up my badge?
- The Registration desk is open during these hours:
- Thursday hours coming soon. Thursday badge pickup is for PRE-REGISTERED attendees only
- Friday hours coming soon.
- Saturday coming soon.
- Sunday coming soon.
- Information on one day event registrations will be coming soon.
- There is no overnight registration. If you need to pick up your badge after hours, arrange this ahead of time by sending an email to email@example.com
- When you go to pick up your badge, you will be required to show a government issued photo ID if you are over the age of 18.
What if I am unable to present a government issued photo ID?
Attendees that are 18 or older:
- You will be issued a “Minor” badge and not be allowed into age restricted areas or panels.
- If you find your ID and want your badge replaced; you will be charged the $10 badge replacement fee.
Attendees that are 13 – 17:
- We recognize that it is not always possible to have a Government issued ID, but if you make your best effort to show an ID that has your picture, or if you are coming with an adult family member who has their own ID, we will do our best to accommodate.
- A school ID from the current school year is acceptable.
- Iowa (and many other states) offer Personal Identification cards available at the DMV (http://www.dmv.org/ia-iowa/id-cards.php) Note: They charge an $8.00 fee which is subject to change.
- If you are a resident of another state, check their state website for information.
Attendees that are younger than 13:
- Children 12 and under are not allowed to roam the convention unattended.
- You are required to attend with a registered parent or guardian 18 years or older that will be accompanying you throughout the weekend.
- The adult accompanying you will be required to verify that their contact information is correct in case of emergency.
Children 5 years old (on the first day of the convention are free of charge:
- Children 5 and under do not need a badge, but are required to be accompanied at all times by a responsible registered adult.
How do I know who is Staff or Security?
- Staff members are required to present their badge upon request to any attendee. If there is any doubt in your mind that someone is not a staff member, ask to see their badge.
- There are also volunteers called Rangers, Rangers are there for your safety and to help make sure the convention runs smoothly. You can easily spot a ranger by his or her orange safety vest and yellow belt.
- Rangers are not always staff members, but they will have an identifying badge or uniform.
- On duty rangers, have the same authority of staff members.
What if I need a Replacement Badge?
- Replacement badges can be purchased at the registration desk for a $10 fee.
- We will require your ID again, and additional information to confirm your identity. We will also issue the same badge number if possible.
- If you find your badge please turn it in, if someone else if found wearing your badge, both parties will be escorted to the Convention Bridge and dealt with accordingly.
How old do I have to be for…..?
- All attendees ages under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a registered adult at all times.
- Unescorted minors will be taken to the Bridge until they can be picked up by their authorized adult.
- Anyone under 18 must provide emergency contact information for a person at or near the con, and that contact must be available to be reached at all times during the convention.
- Panels that have an adult rating can not be attended by those under 18. Your State/Military issued ID will be required at the door before entering.
What if I don’t have a badge?
- Only persons with a badge are permitted within convention space. This includes the hallways, the patio (under the tent), the Marketplace, and all programming rooms.
- If you have not purchased a badge, you may not wander the halls on the first or Second floors.
- Persons without badges will be escorted to Registration to purchase one.
- Volunteer hours may only be earned or turned in with a badge.
Help I have an emergency! What if I need Roll over or Refund?
- Registrations cannot be transferred to another person.
- Please contact the Registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of a personal emergency that prevents you from attending, we will do our best to accommodate you by rolling over your registration once to the next convention year.
- For refund requests after the close pre-convention registrations, please see the Mindbridge Organization’s policy at http://mindbridge.org/by-laws/refund-policy/ .
What are the rules concerning the Masquerade contestants ?
- Contestants in the masquerade are not required to wear their badge while on stage performing or while costumes are being judged. But outside the green room or main stage, you MUST put your badge back on.
How do I pre-register for next year?
- Pre-registration information for AnimeIowa 2022 coming soon.
What if I have a question not on this list?
- Please contact us at email@example.com
* These policies are subject to change without prior notice. Please check the website for updates regularly.