That’s right! 2021 AnimeIowa Panel Submissions are now open! Ever wanted to run a panel with friends or have an interest in seeing something done at AnimeIowa? Then step right up and submit your ideas anytime between February 1st through through March 28th 2021.
Running a panel can be a lot of fun, and generally the format of the panel is up to you. However, AnimeIowa does have some general rules and guidelines that need to be followed if you wish to have your panel accepted.
Panel Submissions are open this year have two tiers. The first for our staff so they can schedule work shifts around panel participation – just one of the perks of staffing. At the close of each tier, status emails will be sent out to all submissions from the tier. Panel Submissions will be considered on a first come first serve basis, so those who apply early have a greater chance of getting their preferred date and time slot.
The Panel Submissions for AnimeIowa 2021 are February 1st to March 28th.
- AnimeIowa is a family-friendly convention. All general panels are expected to be PG-13. If you wish to hold a mature panel it must be marked 18+ in your submission and be able to be held to our 18+ Panel Rules.
- Panel subjects must be related to Japanese or Fandom Culture. You want to talk about the economics of the Anime Industry? Sure, that relates perfectly! A panel on Wind Turbines however does not relate and will not be accepted.
- All panels must be submitted with an outline. You don’t have to tell us step by step what your panel will be, but the more details provided the better. Good outlines make good panels.
- No solicitation. Panels are meant to be fun events for all attendees, not to promote businesses.
- Have thoroughly read and agree to abide by our 2021Paneling Guidelines and Panelist Policy.
And that’s the main rules for submitting and hosting a panel at AnimeIowa! Make sure to read the Paneling Guidelines, Panelist Policy and Paneling FAQ pages. If you have any additional questions send an email to email@example.com