- Unless you are in a general voice chat channel, or specifically called upon by a panelist, all attendees will need to keep their mics muted. Video needs to be turned off to ease the internet strain on everyone unless in a Zoom meeting. Zoom doesn’t create strain on the bandwidth.
- Everyone is urged to keep the profanity to a minimum. Use of profanity will result in a warning by the moderators. If it continues, the attendee will be banned from the chat room.
- AnimeIowa will not tolerate nudity, harassment, or discrimination of any kind. These behaviors will result in being banned from the online con and potentially the 2021 convention.
- Panelists or moderators can ask disruptive viewers to leave. And if needed moderators can forcibly eject viewers from the chat room.
- Don’t be a dink. Do not intentionally disrespect your fellow attendees, panelists, or moderators or do things that are inappropriate and/or dangerous. If you see someone making a dink of themselves, please report them to a moderator.
- If it’s a law outside the convention, it’s a law within the convention.
- Above all, use common sense. We are here to enjoy our shared passions so be respectful and have fun at the virtual convention.
If you are a victim or witness to an act of Harassment or any other violation of AnimeIowa’s policy and rules, we encourage all attendees to report those incidents directly to the moderators. To aid in this, we encourage anyone who is witness to, if possible, take note of the user name (including the four digits on Discord) of the person they are reporting, as well as basic information such as approximate time and what happened. Take a screenshot if possible.
Action will be taken
All complaints will be investigated promptly, impartially, and discreetly. When complete the appropriate parties will be notified of the findings. We will only notify those parties. If an attendee, staff, or outside party is found to have harassed an attendee, appropriate corrective action will be taken. This could range from a disciplinary warning up to and including removal from the event. Depending on the severity it may result in exclusion from all future Mindbridge events.
It’s everyone’s responsibility
No one will suffer retaliation for reporting alleged instances of harassment. We must work together to prevent and stop harassing conduct at our events.
Acting responsibly is the best way to maintain safe events. Treat each other with dignity and respect and help us work to maintain events free of discrimination and harassment.