Safety and Health measures for 2021
To ensure the safety of all AnimeIowa, Attendees, Guests, Vendors and Staff, we must adhere to the current policies of the State, County, City, and our Venue, as well as our own guidelines.
We will be utilizing the following guidelines to facilitate safety for all in attendance at AnimeIowa. These guidelines are subject to change as new information and policies by previously mentioned bodies is made available.
Changes for 2021
- Convention hours for this year have changed. The convention’s 2021 hours are from 8:00AM to Midnight.
- This year, we have a Cap of 2000 attendees for the event.
- We will be asking the standard screening questions of all attendees when they pick up their con badge, and each day of the event.
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have a loss of taste or smell, new cough, sore throat?
- Have you been exposed to someone diagnosed with Covid-19?
- Are you waiting test results?
- Each staff member and attendee will have their temperature checked each morning of the convention and badges will be marked in some fashion once that is completed.
- If the answer is yes to any of the above, please stay home.
- When badges are picked up, each staff member and attendee will need to sign that they have read and understand and are willing to comply with this policy.
- Face masks must be worn in all hotel public space, as well as our event space. The only time masks are not required is when a panelist is presenting. This is because people with hearing issues do read lips. There will be disposable masks available for attendees, as needed.
- There will be touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the hotel as well. AnimeIowa will also have hand sanitizer available at various staffed locations such as registration, volunteers, info desk, the Bridge, Recharge.
- Social distancing is encouraging in accordance with current guidelines. AnimeIowa encourages attendees to distance 6 feet whenever possible. The hotel has a minimum safe social distance of 3 feet.
- We will have barriers at Registration, Volunteers, Info Desk and on the Bridge.
- The hotel’s elevator capacity is 4 persons at a time (one in each corner).
- Photoshoots that take place outside Convention space – is up to the individual as to whether they wish to remove their mask. The upper patio is part of the convention space.
Programming Changes for 2021
There will be the following changes to our programming and events this year.
- We will not be having a rave this year. It will be replaced with more late-night paneling.
- There will not be any sanctioned room parties.
- Paneling and event space will have reduced seating and no standing room.
- We plan to do some virtual programming in addition to live programming.
This policy statement has been reviewed and accepted by our parent corporation, the Mindbridge Foundation.
If you have questions or concerns, please email our Health & Safety Team (email@example.com).