Safety and Health measures for 2021 – Updated
To ensure the safety of all AnimeIowa, Attendees, Guests, Vendors and Staff, we must adhere to the current policies of the State, County, City, and our Venue, as well as our own guidelines.
We will be utilizing the following guidelines to facilitate safety for all in attendance at AnimeIowa. These guidelines are subject to change as new information and policies by previously mentioned bodies is made available.
Changes for 2021
- Convention hours for this year have changed. The convention’s 2021 hours are from 8:00AM to Midnight.
- This year, we have a Cap of 2500 attendees for the event.
- There will be 350 Weekend passes sold on Friday Only. Sales will start at 9:00 AM when Registration opens.
- There will be 200 Day passes sold on Saturday Only. Sales will start at 9:00 AM when Registration opens.
- We will be asking the standard screening questions of all staff and attendees when they pick up their con badge.
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have a loss of taste or smell, new cough, sore throat?
- Have you or someone you have been exposed to been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the past 2 weeks?
- Are you waiting for test results from within the past 48 hours?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, we recommend that you stay home.
- If you develop symptoms after passing the initial screening, we would recommend that you return home and consult your physician. We will not know if you have developed symptoms, but trust you to do the right thing.
- We will not be asking for vaccination cards, but would suggest that you have either the physical card or a digital copy with you, in case of emergency (need for hospital visit).
- Face masks must be worn in all hotel public space, as well as our event space.
- The area includes all of the first floor and the meeting rooms on the second floor. This does not include your hotel room.
- During panels in the room, only Panel Hosts are allowed to remove their masks for ease of understanding. Attendees will be required to wear masks. This is to assist with lipreading for attendees with hearing issues.
- There will be touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the hotel as well as hand sanitizer available at various staffed locations- Registration, Volunteers, Info desk, the Bridge, Recharge, Program/Guests HQ, Marketplace Check-in
- We will have barriers at Registration, Volunteers, Info Desk, Marketplace desk, Events desk, and on the Bridge.
- We will encourage social distancing, in accordance with current guidelines. Please note that the hotel has a minimum safe social distance of 3 feet. We will encourage greater distance (6 foot) whenever possible.
- The hotel’s elevator capacity is 4 persons at a time (one in each corner).The exception is if you are part of a group, the group may be together on the elevator at one time.
- Regarding photoshoots- If the shoot takes place outside; or are not in Convention space, it is up to the individual as to whether they wish to remove their mask.
Programming Changes for 2021
There will be the following changes to our programming and events this year.
- Due to social distancing concerns, we will not be hosting Raves on Friday or Saturday nights. To offset this change, there will be panels scheduled until midnight each of those nights.
- There will not be any sanctioned room parties.
- A sanctioned room party is defined as one that is allowed to happen after conversation and approval by the convention Room Parties Head . AnimeIowa is not responsible for the actions of any room party. In addition these parties are only held on the 2nd floor sleeping rooms in the hotel.
- An Unsanctioned room party is one that is held in an attendee’s private hotel room. These parties are not affiliated with AnimeIowa and are subject to the hotel’s rules for noise and behavior.
- Paneling and event space will have reduced seating and no standing room.
- We plan to do some virtual programming in addition to live programming.
This policy statement has been reviewed and accepted by our parent corporation, the Mindbridge Foundation.
If you have questions or concerns, please email our Health & Safety Team (email@example.com).