Safety and Health measures Updated for 2022
To ensure the safety of all AnimeIowa Guests, Attendees, Vendors and Staff, AnimeIowa must
adhere to the current policies of the State, County, City, and our Venue, as well as our own
guidelines. We will be utilizing the following guidelines to facilitate safety for all in attendance at
AnimeIowa. After careful review of current guidance from Johnson County Health, Iowa
Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control:
AnimeIowa will not require masks, however, we are requiring wearing of a mask in areas where social distancing is not possible (i.e. the dealers room, programming rooms, hallways, Mainstage, registration). There will be Masks (N95) and hand sanitizer available for those individuals requesting them on an individual basis.
We will be checking test results at Info Desk, Sponsors check-in, and Marketplace, and Staff Relations/Guests HQ (for staff only). In lieu of a negative test, a vaccination card will be accepted. You will be presented a ticket to turn in to Registration when you pick up your badge.
We are requiring proof of a negative test result between Monday, July 18 and Wednesday, July 20, along with your valid photo ID. The convention would prefer that it be a professionally administered test, however, many pharmacies are doing testing in addition to Dr. offices. For example, Walgreens will do the test. We also recommend using Test Iowa.
Walgreens: https://www.walgreens.com/storelistings/storesbystate.jsp. CVS:https://www.cvs.com/store-locator/landing
If you should happen to test positive for COVID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a roll over for your badge within one week following the Con, your information will be passed on to Registration.
Panelists will have the option to wear mask with a clear window or no mask for the purposes of lip reading during panels. Social distancing must be maintained.
- If you develop symptoms, the convention recommends that you return home and consult your physician. AnimeIowa will not know if you have developed symptoms, but trust you to do the right thing.
- There will be touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the hotel well as hand sanitizer available at various staffed locations- registration, volunteers, info desk, the Bridge, Recharge, Program/Guests HQ, Marketplace Check-in
- Barriers will be present at Registration, Volunteers, Info Desk and on the Bridge
- We will have disposable masks available for staff, guests, attendees and vendors if needed.
- If you have been vaccinated, we suggest that you have your card with you as either the original or a digital version (in case you need to go to the hospital).
- AnimeIowa encourages social distancing, in accordance with current guidelines. Please note that the hotel will be following their social distancing policy in relation to seating capacity in the paneling and video rooms.
- The convention encourages greater distance (6 foot) whenever possible.
- The hotel’s elevator capacity is 4 persons at a time (one in each corner).The exception is if you are part of a group, the group may be together on the elevator at one time.
AnimeIowa reserves the right to update and revise this policy at any time based on changes to public health guidelines.
***This policy statement has been reviewed and accepted by our parent corporation, the Mindbridge Foundation. If you have questions or concerns, please email: email@example.com