Safety and Health measures Updated for 2023
The safety of our guests, staff, vendors, and conference attendees is our top priority. At a
minimum, we will follow all local/state/national mandates & CDC guidelines*, and for the comfort
and safety of our more vulnerable members, will likely exceed that minimum.
We will not require masks, nor will we be policing mask usage. We encourage everyone to use their best judgment as to whether or not to mask. There will be masks available at the Bridge and other key locations throughout the convention space.
- If you have been exposed to COVID, or are experiencing symptoms, we ask that you not attend the Con. Registration will work with those individuals regarding badge transfer to the following year. Anime Iowa will not know if you have developed symptoms, but trust you to do the right thing.
- There will be touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the hotel well as hand sanitizer available at various staffed locations- registration, volunteers, info desk, the Bridge, Recharge, Program/Guests HQ, Marketplace Check-in.
- If you have been vaccinated, we suggest that you have your card with you as either the original or a digital version (in case you need to go to the hospital).
- Anime Iowa encourages social distancing, in accordance with current guidelines. Please note that the hotel will be following their social distancing policy in relation to seating capacity in the paneling and video rooms. The convention encourages greater distance (6 foot) whenever possible. The hotel’s elevator capacity is 4 persons at a time (one in each corner).The exception is if you are part of a group, the group may be together on the elevator at one time.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the registration desk and all programming areas. Proper sanitation of the meeting space will be performed prior to the start of the conference and each night.
- For presenters, the computer equipment including the microphones will be wiped down after each use.
- We ask that all Anime Iowa attendees follow any additional safety protocols established by the Hyatt Hotel, the State of Iowa, or the city of Coralville, IA, through mandates and/or regulations.
*Safety requirements and procedures are subject to change based on local & federal regulations and/or mandates.
***This policy statement has been reviewed and accepted by our parent corporation, the Mindbridge Foundation. If you have questions or concerns, please email: